We are living in an amazing time with the power of technology and the internet to learn, teach and master combat arts.
The power of video to facilitate learning and motivate the individual when they are not at a gym or near a teacher is unparallelled.We have carefully developed our curriculums to organize all of the techniques in the best sequence for learning and mastering the arts. Students all learn in different ways and at different paces and this must be respected. We firmly believe that video curriculums will be the standard for learning in the future and we are working hard to bring this technological advantage to students and teachers around the world today.
Learning through video combined with learning from a teacher in class with fellow students is the most effective way, without a doubt.
The video “textbook” gives students the ability to visualize techniques when they are relaxed and can internalize details more effectively than when they are live training. In this way, the student can choose the details that he would like to focus on or that were missing when he tried the move in class. This gives the student so much control over his learning process. He doesn’t have to wait for the next class to review the details and discover what was missing.
Advantages of video and online learning
- Learn anytime at your pace, in your schedule, when you are inspired
- Learn faster because you have the textbook to refer to when you need a question answered
- Be more efficient with your time, prepare for class by studying then practice with more understanding
- Be more efficient with your teacher’s time
- Become the student that other students seek out for help
- Become a teacher with more in depth knowledge
- Teachers can use as lesson plans and textbooks so students are better prepared for class
- Visualize the techniques for better retention
- Visualizing when your body is relaxed helps build neural pathways or reflexes
- Visualize while you are stretching
- Visualize while you are conditioning – engage your mind during repetitive exercising like weight training
- Learn anywhere in the world – you may not always be near a gym
- Videos can be paused and reviewed for complete comprehension – an advantage that students may not have on the mat
- Continue to learn and be motivated during an injury, travel or other time off
- Motivate and challenge a student who is injured or traveling to keep up his practice
- Learn in the comfort of your own home – some people are intimidated to start a new practice in front of others
- Like having private lessons with your instructor
- Review, review, review
- Affordable – gym memberships are not always in the budget
- Retain more students – empower your students to learn more effectively
- Organize and recall large amounts of data in your memory faster